Skelton Grange Farmhouse dates back to 1730, the early Georgian period. Having once been a working farm with dairy cattle, horses and an orchard, this is now part of the village green. The rooms once formed part of the old milking sheds and stables.
Skelton is a very old village, in Roman time it was used as a place to store large stones and pebbles which were used for building roads. The name "Skelton" probably came from the Anglo-Saxon "Shelfton" which simply means settlement on high ground. Later changing it to Skelton around 1866-1887 AD when the Danes arrived.
The church "St Giles" was built in 1247 using stone left over from the South Transept of York Minster
"St Peter's Cathedral". Visit www.skeltonvillagetrust.org to see whats going on in the village.
There are many attractions to visit in York such as the National Rail Museum, Yorvic Centre, York Dungeons and many Museums not to mention the shopping! For more information visit www.york.org.
There are many great places to eat in and around York and within a short distance of us.